PDA

View Full Version : Fredericton New Brunswick

techamed
July 23rd, 2006, 01:24 AM
Hi,

A bunch of us are starting a city wide Ubuntu group out here in Fredericton New Brunswick...

The idea is to be able to:

* Support users who are attempting to use the system on there own
* Pre-install the software on second hand computers
* Educate users on what the system has to offer
* Encourage development... That is a big one.

UNB Fredericton will be approached and asked to help us out.

Currently we are looking for a donation of $1.00. We have a few start up costs which we need a little help with. I am the current owner of the group and I welcome any questions that anyone her has to ask and I thank you for any donations that you would be willing to give.

Our..... web page if you could call it that hasn't been created yet (resources and time). You can contribute by making a donation on http://techamed.homelinux.org

Post away :)

Rich

T700
July 23rd, 2006, 05:05 AM
What country, state/province, city is "Fredericton New Brunswick"?

Paul

mssever
July 23rd, 2006, 07:50 AM
New Brunswick is a province in Canada. Fredericton is the capitol, I believe.

techamed
July 23rd, 2006, 11:09 AM
That would be Fredericton New Brunswick Canada.

We have the perfect area out here because this is a university city and it is the capitol...

kozlojak
August 2nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
Hey,

I work as a technition in a local computer shop in the fredericton area and I would like to be a part of this, send me an e-mail kozlojak(at)hotmail(dot)com

hoe
August 30th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Hi Rich:

I live in Fredericton and although l don't use Ubuntu l do use Simply Mepis on both my desktop and laptop. I have been using Linux for a couple of years now. I introduced a couple of fellow workers to Linux but haven't run into many in this city that even know what linux is. Good to know there our a few more around. People here don't know what they are missing. Would be nice to get a few people together sometime and do a demo in a high traffic area somewhere in town.

Wayne Whalen
hoe@nbnet.nb.ca

wilsid
September 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Hey,
I'll be moving to Fredericton in about a month. I just started using Ubuntu for servers and going to change my laptop to it too.

Let me know when you guys are meeting and I'll try to get to it.

hoe
September 23rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
Hi: Don't know if this Fredericton group is still in the works but l would still be interested in joining and talking about linux and such.

Wayne Whalen
hoe@nbnet.nb.ca
455-0565

Zzl1xndd
February 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Just stumbled on This a little late I think but Im interested as well. Let me know.

koryarseneau@gmail.com

Mega_slayer
February 7th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I have some friends that are living in fredericton right now. I've introduced linux to one of them, however he is only going to use it as a server. I am in Moncton at the moment, but applying to UNB for a masters in physics, I will probably end up in Sydney however, due to a job. Today I was talking to an Astrophysics masters student, I guess they use Linux quite a bit. I wonder if UNB's departments use it at all?

Anyways, this is pretty interesting, I would like to keep in touch about this project. Are you a UNB student?

- Scott

Mega_Slayer@hotmail.com

Mega_slayer
February 7th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I have some friends that are living in fredericton right now. I've introduced linux to one of them, however he is only going to use it as a server. I am in Moncton at the moment, but applying to UNB for a masters in physics, I will probably end up in Sydney however, due to a job. Today I was talking to an Astrophysics masters student, I guess they use Linux quite a bit. I wonder if UNB's departments use it at all?

Anyways, this is pretty interesting, I would like to keep in touch about this project. Are you a UNB student?

- Scott

Mega_Slayer@hotmail.com

Hendrixski
February 7th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Have you considered government grants to help fund your group? There may also be some FOSS organizations that give out grants.

Zzl1xndd
March 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Im not sure what happened to techamed but I am still interested so if the others that mentioned it here are still gtg let me know, my email and messenger info is in my profile.