PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Hotmail and Thunderbird

cmar6062
March 20th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Hello!

When using Hotmail or now OUTLOOK.COM as imap when deleting emails it does not do like a normal imap server you tap DEL and it dissapears to the trash can instead it does go to the trash can but why if you go back to outlook.com its still in the inbox and marked as NEW? I started out with a fresh profile in TB.

Only way to really get it to see what I have deleted and moved to folders is to close TB then re open it to sync back what changes I have made... Why does TBIRD make using IMAP so difficult to have to open and close your app to sync back to the server?

Any fixes or suggestions?

Thanks,
Christopher

Frogs Hair
March 20th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Windows Live/Out Look is pop 3 I think , but have never been able to delete mail from their sever from TBird . There may be a setting that I never discovered though.

deadflowr
March 20th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Windows Live/Out Look is pop 3 I think , but have never been able to delete mail from their sever from TBird . There may be a setting that I never discovered though.

My understanding is outlook.com/hotmail has added imap support, but I wouldn't count on it to be any good.
That's based wholly on my experience with their pop3 support, which for me, wasn't very good.
(/me ranting)

Anyway, does anything here help
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-hotmail
though, my guess is you'll need to go outlook.com and look over the settings you have in place to make sure they are set right.

Frogs Hair
March 21st, 2014, 02:52 PM
When setting up the the account proceed to the Manual Configuration tab Advanced > Synchronization & Storage. and see what effect those settings have.

The short rout is Edit > Account Settings > Synchronization & Storage.