PDA

View Full Version : pcmanfm as default file browser.

mikee2
March 19th, 2014, 04:47 AM
greetings. I have read more than a dozen diffrerent websites & forums on how to set the PCmanFM file browswer as rhe default file browser, and only got it to work once. There seems to be a multitude of ways to accomplish this, and now I cant remember how i did it.

The reason I have to do it over again is becuase i lost access to my Nautilus desktop which I want to keep. Essentially I would like to have any folder, or drive shortcut be opened with PCmanFM, whilst keeping the fucntionality of the Nautilus Deksktop. Also I have installed Advanced Settings, which puts icons for certain thihngs on the desktop which I would like to keep as well. Is this possible?

I am running UBUNTU 12.04 any help would be appreciated

Rob Sayer
March 19th, 2014, 06:03 PM
... The reason I have to do it over again is becuase i lost access to my Nautilus desktop which I want to keep...

What do you mean by lost access to nautilus desktop? You should get that fixed rather than installing another file manager (not the best one either IMO). The problems are quite possibly related.

mcduck
March 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
PCManFM has a built-in support for managing your desktop (just like Nautilus has), so if you want to keep on using Nautilus for the desktop and PCManFM for separate browser windows, you need to go to PCManFM's preferences and make sure it's set to not manage the desktop.