PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] INstall help plz!

Qadeem
March 16th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Im trying to install ubuntu via usb can i use cd to boot then usb boot ive heard of plop but dont understand it plz help!

mccalleyt
March 17th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I guess I'm not getting exactly what it is that you want. I know that it can be installed to usb thru UNetbootin and a couple other programs. I haven't tried with new versions of Ubuntu, but It is worth a shot installing directly to the USB drive. I don't recommend using Ubuntu that way because it can be insanely slow because USB 2.0 isn't all that fast now USB 3 can be as fast as most laptop SATA drives. I personally use Kali on my Corsair 64GB USB 3.0 thumb drive. I guess try to explain a little more on what it is your are looking for specifically .

Thanks,
mccalleyt

sudodus
March 17th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Please describe your computer Qadeem :-)

We can give relevant advice, when we know about your computer. Otherwise we can only guess. So please give us the specs

- Brand name and model
- CPU
- RAM (size)
- graphics chip/card
- wifi chip/card

And you can start by browsing this link

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

Qadeem
March 17th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Nvm google helped find the awnser so i can now use ubuntu but thnx for the support btw i burned plop to a cd then booted it then used my usb to boot but thnx for ur help anyway

mörgæs
March 17th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Good, please mark the thread 'solved' using 'thread tools', and next time please use a more informative thread title.