PDA

View Full Version : Installing Firefox 20 or less by Ubuntu 9.04

guido4
March 7th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Hi to all

I did try many Ubuntu and not OS but then I wish to use Ubuntu 9.04.

I would like to install/updated Firefox and Adobe Flash Pluging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all!

Guido

mörgæs
March 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Both FX20 and Ubuntu 9.04 are out of support (and have been for several years) and hence a security risk. Why do you want to use such old software?

3rdalbum
March 7th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hi to all

I did try many Ubuntu and not OS but then I wish to use Ubuntu 9.04.

I would like to install/updated Firefox and Adobe Flash Pluging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guido. Ubuntu 9.04 is far too old. Ubuntu is not like Windows - you can't use an old version of Ubuntu.

An old version of Ubuntu will not be able to find its software repositories, which means you will not be able to install any software.
An old version of Ubuntu will have security flaws and it is not safe to use an old version of Ubuntu to visit websites that store your confidential data. You must especially never use an old version of Ubuntu for online banking.

The only versions of Ubuntu you can use are Ubuntu 12.04 (it is supported for a long period of time) or Ubuntu 13.10 (the latest Ubuntu but only supported until July 2014). In April, a new version of Ubuntu called Ubuntu 14.04 comes out which will be supported for five years.

Please do not attempt to use an old Ubuntu. You must use Ubuntu 12.04, 13.10 or the new 14.04.

If your computer is not powerful enough for a recent version of Ubuntu, you can install Lubuntu 13.10 or Xubuntu 13.10 which are more suitable for an old computer.

guido4
March 7th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Hi and thanks for your reply!

I am aware about security issue:) well, you can manipulate referer, browser etch to avoid any data storing if you do online..., I do not do that but then you can use a temporary iso which use midory or something else updated!

I do love old version because they are made better in terms of design! Of coruse, problem to download software, I do know how I can change other software by terminal in order to access/download and change dominion e.g. from Italy= USA or Germany etc but Ican not manipulate and/or key file by AUTHENTICATION and gthat is the real problem!

If I can modify them and coy/past new fresh keys from a new distro would be the end of that problem.

I am just testing a few thinks, again, about security if you use a dongle or a ethernet you should not get any serious problem, e.g. bank down here does not allow to and neither provide to set an alphanumeric password, you do the math:)

I am based in Rome but I am from Vancouver BC.
and if you set the back drow with a cell message you can always lock and block any withdrow without you permission, tehere are many way to prevent those.....ass..
I guess 16 numbers passowrd do the differnce in terms of security

when you click on REPOSITORIES, left bottom, there is a bottom named IMPORT KEY, and that is what I really would like to know, how I can import key? Is not possible to copy and past or get from somewere, are you familiar with that? How you can get a key from another distro more pudated and import on a old one, in order to keep the old one and get fresh updating:) such aslast Adobe Flash and browser.

I appreciated your feedback and I like to hear from you again.

By chance do you have Viper Vast 2.72 or 2.77?

Thanks a lot!

Guido