PDA

View Full Version : Membership application: OrangeCrate

OrangeCrate
March 6th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Withdrawn.

Elfy
March 6th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Good luck with the application, not that I think you need luck.

oldos2er
March 7th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Good luck, OrangeCrate! You have my full support, FWIW.

OrangeCrate
March 7th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Good luck with the application, not that I think you need luck.

Thanks Elfy, I'll try to be a good citizen, and do the forums proud.

Good luck, OrangeCrate! You have my full support, FWIW.

Ann - As you have probably guessed, I read here on the forums, much more than I actually post. I've always had interest in your work here, and I've followed your activity. Your support means a lot to me, thanks.

CharlesA
March 7th, 2014, 03:28 AM
+1 from me btw. :)

Nice wiki page.

OrangeCrate
March 7th, 2014, 04:39 AM
+1 from me btw. :)

Nice wiki page.

I was just buttoning up the laptop for the night, when I saw your post. I smile every time I see your avatar of Oddjob. I was 16 when Dr. No came out, and like most young men, I decided on the spot, that I was going to grow up to be James Bond. Alas, that didn't happen, but, I certainly learned to like vodka martinis, so all was not lost...

Thanks for the support, and your kind comment, it's highly appreciated!

QIII
March 7th, 2014, 07:17 AM
+1. My best wishes!

bapoumba
March 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM
OrangeCrate :)
I see you pulled up a variation of an older avatar :)
It's been a long time hey.

If I may, I would elaborate on the wiki page to describe a little further your involvement on the forums. Not that we need it here, but in case some people outside the forums browse the application pages. Cheers!

OrangeCrate
March 7th, 2014, 02:38 PM
+1. My best wishes!

Accepted, thank you kindly.

OrangeCrate :)
I see you pulled up a variation of an older avatar :)
It's been a long time hey.

If I may, I would elaborate on the wiki page to describe a little further your involvement on the forums. Not that we need it here, but in case some people outside the forums browse the application pages. Cheers!

Yes ma'am, it has. The bumble bee lady has been very helpful and friendly to me over the years, and I appreciate it very much.

I'm not very good at self promotion, but, I have expanded the "Contributions" portion of my Wiki page, as requested.

bapoumba
March 7th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Looks like I cannot log into the Ubuntu Wiki, neither from your page nor from my own page .. It does take me to the sso page and then hangs in there forever after I say "yes log me in" :(
Just gave me a 500 internal error while typing this.
Anyway, I'll post a testimonial on your page once I can log in.

OrangeCrate
March 7th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Looks like I cannot log into the Ubuntu Wiki, neither from your page nor from my own page .. It does take me to the sso page and then hangs in there forever after I say "yes log me in" :(

I had the same problem trying to log-in to modify the page. A had the 500 error once or twice, but on the third try, or so, it just starting chugging to hook up. I let it sit in a tab, and let it do it's thing for a few minutes, and it finally logged in. I guess if you can get past the error, and get a hookup try, it will eventually work.

Edit:

Go back to my first post, and hit the link. I just tried, and it got me to my page, and I was able to log in this time.

bapoumba
March 7th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I had the same problem trying to log-in to modify the page. A had the 500 error once or twice, but on the third try, or so, it just starting chugging to hook up. I let it sit in a tab, and let it do it's thing for a few minutes, and it finally logged in. I guess if you can get past the error, and get a hookup try, it will eventually work.

Edit:

Go back to my first post, and hit the link. I just tried, and it got me to the page.

Could log in from the main wiki page, then went to your page. What an adventure :)

OrangeCrate
March 7th, 2014, 08:11 PM

Just saw it. Thanks bapoumba, you're very kind.

bapoumba
March 7th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks to you, OrangeCrate :)

Irihapeti
March 8th, 2014, 02:18 AM
+1 and best wishes.

OrangeCrate
March 8th, 2014, 01:52 PM
+1 and best wishes.

Thank you, your support is appreciated.

OrangeCrate
April 13th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Deleted.

matt_symes
April 14th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I'm late to the party as ever, but good luck from me :)

OrangeCrate
April 15th, 2014, 07:45 AM
I'm late to the party as ever, but good luck from me :)

Thanks.

:)

ventrical
April 15th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I already thought you were a member ! :)

Always striving for accuracy and to the point !

+1

OrangeCrate
April 16th, 2014, 02:11 AM
I already thought you were a member ! :)

Always striving for accuracy and to the point !

+1

Thanks for your support, and kind comments, they're highly appreciated.

:)