PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Overlapping lock screens on quad monitor setup

wshaffer79
March 6th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a Kubuntu box at my work that has two dual head NVIDIA Quaddro NVS 290 cards in it. Each card is connected to two monitors, making four total for this setup. I have KDE installed and configured so each card runs its two monitors in a TwinView setup. Monitors 1 and 2 are 22 inch monitors, running off card #1. Monitors 3 and 4 are 19 inch monitors running off card #2.

Everything seems to work pretty good, including 3D effects, spinning Desktop Cube on both TwinView screens, etc... but when I lock the system (CTRL+ALT+L), I get the kdm lock screen on the left TwinView screen, overlapping from the first monitor to about 50% of the second monitor. This lock screen appears to be about the right dimensions as if it belongs on the second TwinView screen (monitors 3 and 4), but it is shifted all the way over to monitors 1 and 2. In the background behind this lock screen, I see what looks like the second lock screen that actually does belong on monitors 1 and 2. Monitors 3 and 4 do not display a lock screen, and just show the desktop as if it's not locked.

When the computer is locked, I can't click anything on the second TwinView (monitors 3 and 4), which is expected, but the lock screen does not cover the contents of the screen because it is displayed on the other TwinView screen.

I hope my description is making sense. Has anyone seen anything like this? How can I fix this?

I would post screenshots, but I am not sure how to take a screenshot when the computer is locked.

Thanks!