PDA

View Full Version : FreeNX Gnome-classic session shows no file icons and top bar is black

antony3
February 28th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I have a remote server running 12.04 and connect to it with FreeNX (running on the Server) and the NoMachine Client.
Everything seems to working apart from one thing: most icons are missing. The left part of the top bar is black, the Application and Files tab are black, but show up when I click on it, all bars are a simple grey and generally there seems to be a graphical glitch of some sorts...
The only thing I have tried to play with is the /etc/nxserver/node.conf where I have this line
COMMAND_START_GNOME="/usr/bin/gnome-session --session=gnome-classic"
(gnome-fallback does the same and so does removing the /usr/bin/ bit)

Here is an image of what I get:
http://imgur.com/cUbhzQp

Any ideas?
PS: unity-2d doesn't work either, it returns an error saying unity-2d session not found.

ibjsb4
February 28th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Can you reset the panel?

killall gnome-panel

What about Alt + Right-click on a blank spot on the panel and go to Properties and change background color.

In my /usr/bin I would have two choices:

COMMAND_START_GNOME=gnome-session-fallback

or

COMMAND_START_GNOME=gnome-session

antony3
February 28th, 2014, 11:02 PM
killall gnome-panel refreshes the screen, but that's all. The problem persists.

Changing the background color helped a bit, but the issue is that file, folder and more icons are missing as well...
(Although why the default system theme background was pitch black, still bothers me)

Apart from that, I have both of the tried out and both as a session=gnome-classic and session-gnome-fallback and end up with the same result.

Thanks for the first tip though, I can't believe I didn't think of it by myself... :P