PDA

View Full Version : Only 25 more posts and I'll have 5000 beans!! Do I get a Turkey? :)

ventrical
February 27th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Hi All,

Just 25 more posts and I'll have 5000 beans... so .. If some of my posts are a little frivolous .. then you will have to understand that I am on a run here :) lol ...

Just wondering ... do I get a turkey or somthing :)

hahahehaehaehh .. :)

Elfy
February 27th, 2014, 06:40 PM
26 ...

just saying :p

Elfy
February 27th, 2014, 06:40 PM
26 ...

just saying :p

Elfy
February 27th, 2014, 06:41 PM
thought I'd say it twice ...

ventrical
February 27th, 2014, 06:44 PM
thought I'd say it twice ...

Ahhhh .. so starting a thread is not counted as an actual bean .. interesting.

:)

su:bhatta
February 27th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Starting threads in Cafe never counted as beans !

For 5000 beans you should get a years supply of LPG cylinders :) 5k beans gotta give that much gas !

The pun being, in India there is a subsidy on LPG and if the ration of 12 LPG cylinders a year is over utilised then you don't get subsidy :(

ventrical
February 27th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Starting threads in Cafe never counted as beans !

For 5000 beans you should get a years supply of LPG cylinders :) 5k beans gotta give that much gas !

The pun being, in India there is a subsidy on LPG and if the ration of 12 LPG cylinders a year is over utilised then you don't get subsidy :(

Thanks for the clarification bhatta:)

BlinkinCat
February 27th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Actually my bean count is a bit of an embarrassment to me! That is why I hide them.

The count would indicate that my ubuntu knowledge is quite high when I really am not that bright at all.

The truth is that I have been a very keen spammer chaser although I have slackened off in more recent times - ;)

p.s. I am only about half way to your total ventrical!

grahammechanical
February 27th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I have the franchise on "please give us more information" posts. I am willing to pass the franchise over to someone else. The frustration cost is getting too high.:)

BlinkinCat
February 27th, 2014, 08:34 PM
I have the franchise on "please give us more information" posts. I am willing to pass the franchise over to someone else. The frustration cost is getting too high.:)

You're not referring to my post are you grahammechanical?

For those who don't know - you may collect one bean for every spam post reported - :p

Habitual
February 27th, 2014, 08:38 PM
The count would indicate that my ubuntu knowledge is quite high when I really am not that bright at all.
Could have fooled me.

deadflowr
February 27th, 2014, 08:42 PM

What are the annual franchise fees?

Truth be told, if it wasn't for the abilty to edit my posts I would probably have double the beans.
(Or a rather large selection filling up the jail)
Half my posts would simply be lol, huh?, or ?.

Edit: and +1.
(lol)

Bashing-om
February 27th, 2014, 09:18 PM
@ grahammechanical; Me too !

The frustration cost is getting too high

Move over and make room in that boat !
We put a lot of time, energy and resources into finding a solution (and getting help to do so) only for some threads to be dropped.

Aspirin

does not alleviate that pain

lisati
February 27th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Actually my bean count is a bit of an embarrassment to me! That is why I hide them.

I hide my beans for similar reasons. I took a look at my bean count the other day, and found myself asking how I managed to get there, when I haven't been contributing to support threads nearly as much as I used to.

hebrewofyhwh
February 27th, 2014, 09:55 PM
No. But you NOW have permission to go pour a celebration cup of coffee.

overdrank
February 27th, 2014, 11:05 PM
You can have some of mine, I bought them on ebay :P

lisati
February 27th, 2014, 11:08 PM
You can have some of mine, I bought them on ebay :P

Not today, thanks, I have enough of my own. :D

tgalati4
February 27th, 2014, 11:56 PM
I'm turning in my beans for bitcoins!

ventrical
February 28th, 2014, 02:21 AM

You are doing such a great job at keeping us all in line, why stop now ? :) lol

regards..

hebrewofyhwh
February 28th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I'm turning in my beans for bitcoins!

Bitcoins have crashed. They never did fit the definition of money. Non property.

From some of the answers I have seen, I am suspecting that some have ditched their accounts to start new accounts with lower numbers of beans. I have seen very good answers with low bean counts.

deadflowr
February 28th, 2014, 08:33 PM
From some of the answers I have seen, I am suspecting that some have ditched their accounts to start new accounts with lower numbers of beans. I have seen very good answers with low bean counts.

This is a more of a result of the hack of the forums last summer.

Some users opted to simply log in as a new user rather then go through what they presumed would be a bunch of hoops.

lykwydchykyn
February 28th, 2014, 08:33 PM
5000 beans isn't worth a hill of beans.... er... well...

PJs Ronin
March 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
5000 beans... I am reminded of a scene from, I think it was, Blazing Saddles.

Buntu Bunny
March 1st, 2014, 12:21 PM

But also shows that beans does not equate to knowledge. Not all Ubuntu gurus are Forum members!

QDR06VV9
March 1st, 2014, 03:09 PM
What? No turkey for ventrical.
Well at least CharlesA (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=923868) will give you Cookies..

Linuxratty
March 3rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Some users opted to simply log in as a new user rather then go through what they presumed would be a bunch of hoops.

I went with the hoops option and some help from Elfy.:D

Elfy
March 3rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
I'd like to say I remember - but they've all merged into one enormous puddle in my mind :p

Habitual
March 3rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
I went with the hoops option and some help from Elfy.:D
As did I, and he was stellar. Extremely personable during the process.

I don't know what they're paying him, but it isn't enough!

QIII
March 3rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
No turkey at 5000. But at 25000 you get a 3 day old dead fish that was left on elfy's back porch.

Elfy
March 3rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
No turkey at 5000. But at 25000 you get a 3 day old dead fish that was left on elfy's back porch.

You got yours early ...

tgalati4
March 3rd, 2014, 10:46 PM
Hey, if it is only 3 days old and packed in oil and comes from Sardinia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardinia), then that is not too bad.

overdrank
March 3rd, 2014, 11:26 PM

You got yours early ...

I did not receive mine :(

ventrical
March 3rd, 2014, 11:33 PM
What? No turkey for ventrical.
Well at least CharlesA (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=923868) will give you Cookies..

Well .. 4999 last count :) lol..... time for supper first ... :)

ventrical
March 3rd, 2014, 11:53 PM

Actually I am having haddock for supper. :)

*note*

At 5000 posts my Unity screen icons/tiles started to shuffle and shift, then there were these bells in the background and then a Big Gong sound and the words 'Enter the Dragon' scrolled across my screen. :)lol

March 4th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Congrats on the 5k mark ! :)

Wonder what you had for dinner , little too much mushroom maybe, lol;)

Bucky Ball
March 4th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Never judge a guru by their bean count. Congrats on the 5k. Only 20k to go until the dead fish!

lisati
March 4th, 2014, 07:37 AM
5000 beans... I am reminded of a scene from, I think it was, Blazing Saddles.
Where's my gas mask?

Slowly getting there.

Hey, if it is only 3 days old and packed in oil and comes from Sardinia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardinia), then that is not too bad.
What about the Sultan's wife?

Elfy
March 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM
aaah nice to see you made it to 5k ...

I'll wander off later to see which ones I can move about to get it down to 4997 :evil:

Elfy
March 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I did not receive mine :(

You'll be getting yours on time :p

QIII
March 4th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I'm clearing an entire wing in the jail for Ventrical's soon-to-be incarcerated posts...

ventrical
March 4th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I'm clearing an entire wing in the jail for Ventrical's soon-to-be incarcerated posts...

And that will only determine me to work harder to fill those missing beans back up!! :) lol As for incarceration ... all I have to say is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFFHSRLl3mY

:)

ventrical
March 4th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Congrats on the 5k mark ! :)

Wonder what you had for dinner , little too much mushroom maybe, lol;)

I actually had some aruga (some sort of spinach type aphrodisiac) that my lady friend served me up on Sunday. I had no idea what it was and Iv'e been going ever since. :)

ventrical
March 4th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Where's my gas mask?

Slowly getting there.

What about the Sultan's wife?

I'm already spoken for :) lol

ventrical
March 4th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Never judge a guru by their bean count. Congrats on the 5k. Only 20k to go until the dead fish!

Ancient Chinese Tao Te Ching say:

Many beans is good.
More beans is better.

A man can have many beans and say nothing.
A man can have 1 bean and also say nothing.
A man can have no beans and speak volumes.

Many beans break wind
One bean stops the wind

No beans means rain,

Therefore it is better to have more than many beans for much breakage of wind so that ships can sail.

chili555
March 5th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Ahhh! I remember when I finally got 5,000 beans with my Pentium II, a 5 Gb harddrive and a PCMCIA wireless card!

Good times...

QDR06VV9
March 5th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Ahhh! I remember when I finally got 5,000 beans with my Pentium II, a 5 Gb harddrive and a PCMCIA wireless card!

Good times...

Wow I never thought I would catch myself saying this but
Look at the Beans on this Guy!:D
Seriously Good Job.
@ventrical

As for incarceration ... all I have to say is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFFHSRLl3mY

:smile:
I miss Thin Lizzy:guitar:

ibjsb4
March 5th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Shouldn't this thread be marked solved :p

March 5th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Ancient Chinese Tao Te Ching say:

Many beans is good.
More beans is better.

A man can have many beans and say nothing.
A man can have 1 bean and also say nothing.
A man can have no beans and speak volumes.

Many beans break wind
One bean stops the wind

No beans means rain,

Therefore it is better to have more than many beans for much breakage of wind so that ships can sail.

As, one Ancient Gaulish villager would say: 'Menhir a true word is spoken in jest' !

VMC
March 5th, 2014, 05:39 PM
But also shows that beans does not equate to knowledge. Not all Ubuntu gurus are Forum members!Agreed. I've often wondered if removing the bean counter, would we see less "noise"

ventrical
March 5th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Shouldn't this thread be marked solved :p

Yes :)

ventrical
March 5th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Agreed. I've often wondered if removing the bean counter, would we see less "noise"

There is the option for one to turn their beans off.

bapoumba
March 5th, 2014, 09:32 PM

Is there another option ?
I think I'l try very hard to never get there :)

Elfy
March 5th, 2014, 09:48 PM
mmm - gonna be really smelly by then :p

My brother hated me when he got married - fish on the car engine ...

bapoumba
March 5th, 2014, 09:51 PM

As I said, I'll try very hard not to get there :p
And I'll also forget about wedding :D

Linuxratty
March 6th, 2014, 03:15 AM

Oh now that's hilarious!http://linuxinternationals.org/forum/images/smilies/gigglerab.gif
Did he get revenge? if so,how?

sammiev
March 6th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Congrats ventrical on those 5000 + great post! :)

ventrical
March 6th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Congrats ventrical on those 5000 + great post! :)

Hey .. thanks sammiev.... enjoyed every minute of it :)

ibjsb4
March 7th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Agreed. I've often wondered if removing the bean counter, would we see less "noise"

I would quit the forum if they took away the beans. I don't work for free.

ventrical
March 7th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I would quit the forum if they took away the beans. I don't work for free.

+1 :)

chili555
March 7th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Of course, this is a subject that has been and will be again debated to no clear solution. It is tempting to believe that the poster with several thousand beans knows everything about Ubuntu, but it's seldom true as we know. As well, just because the poster has only six beans doesn't mean he or she is inexperienced. I think the only certainty we can have is that if you want to wear your bean count, you may. If not, they may be hidden.

I am sort of proud that I've gotten as far as I have and never been banned...yet.