PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu can't find autorun program.

Mike_Lavender
February 27th, 2014, 03:24 AM
I installed Ubuntu on an SSD in a new machine I built to play around with. Gigabyte motherboard, AMD FX processor R9 video card etc... etc... I installed the 12.04 desktop version and when I try to install the drivers for the wireless card, the video card, or anything else I get an error message saying Ubuntu can't find the autorun program. I cannot run any executable file or setup I think the install was corrupted and now I can't figure out how to uninstall it and try installing the 13 something version.

I'm not giving up on Ubuntu that easy, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

wildmanne39
February 27th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

oldos2er
February 28th, 2014, 01:11 AM
I installed Ubuntu on an SSD in a new machine I built to play around with. Gigabyte motherboard, AMD FX processor R9 video card etc... etc... I installed the 12.04 desktop version and when I try to install the drivers for the wireless card, the video card, or anything else I get an error message saying Ubuntu can't find the autorun program. I cannot run any executable file or setup I think the install was corrupted and now I can't figure out how to uninstall it and try installing the 13 something version.

That sounds as though you're trying to run Windows' setup and/or autorun programs. Windows programs do not run natively on Linux, and Windows drivers, with the exception of some wireless device drivers, will not work on Linux.

Please tell us the make/model of your hardware devices you're trying to get running, and we can tell you if they are supported in Ubuntu, or not.