PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu with Fluxbox please contribute with your custom installs methods.

Portaro
February 26th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I Love OPenbox , but I cant configure it properly on Ubuntu like Fluxbox for some reason my desks dont appear with pictures I see around web.

So i open this post to other users post configs about install OPenbox and configure him in Ubuntu , to make the desk type the default desk to use everyday.

I Have some problems with oPenbox configs for example at start I receive a message that Mplayer crashes.
I think this also affect Fluxbox.

There are an interesting project to use Openbox on Ubuntu called Gobangos -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gobangos/

Im used but there are some problems with some softs .

Can you share your custom methods to make Openbox the default desk use in Ubuntu?

vasa1
February 27th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Your question has "Ubuntu with Fluxbox" in the title but the body seems to be about Openbox.

Portaro
February 27th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Yes I commit an mistake try to edit, thanks for the answer.

But i cant edit the title, ups I dont know how i can edit the title post.

vasa1
February 28th, 2014, 03:50 AM
If you need to correct the title, please click on the "Report" button on the first post in this thread and ask a mod to fix the title to whatever you want.

(There's also a way by which you can edit the post yourself but that's a bit less obvious.)

And assuming you mean Openbox, what exactly do you want to see here? What do you mean by "your custom installs methods"? For example, I use Lubuntu and Openbox is installed by default. I think those who haven't installed Lubuntu but want Openbox on some other flavor, will just need to use sudo apt-get install openbox.

Portaro
March 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM
I use Also Lubuntu-Desktop and I install Openbox but for some reason when I log on openbox some apps crash, my default desk is gnome 3.2.1.