PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Note 3

krishnan t s
February 26th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post. If not, please feel free to change it.

A relative of mine purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note3(N 9005) online from ebay in India. He got a used phone first which he returned and then got one more which was surprisingly rooted.At that time, we were not aware that the phone was rooted. We got to know of it only after unpacking it and switching it on. For those of you who don't know, note 3 international version has got region lock, so it is supposed to ask for the unlock code on start-up. When my relative switched it on, he got no such unlock code prompt. I was in office too so i was unaware of this. When i got back home, he asked for my micro simcard(i got a nexus 4 and he has an galaxy s which is not micro sim compatible) to test the network, i obliged. My sim got detected, so he decided to get a micro sim of his own. He then told me about the unlock code problem and we got a bit suspicious. So i decided to reboot into recovery to check the firmware and voila, a custom recovery had been flashed. To say the least, the seller got an earful from my cousin. OTA updates are not possible on a custom recovery of course. So we decided to flash a stock recovery of our own based on 4.4.2 and downloaded the Netherlands firmware. Again my sim got detected and we went happy.
Now, when my cousin got his own micro sim from his carrier, the phone would not detect it. On hunting through various online forums and news channels, he found that whichever sim was first inserted in note 3 would only work on that device and the remaining would get blacklisted, to unlock them would require to root the phone again.He has now ported to my carrier but the phone still wont work. The network is still not detected on his phone though it works perfectly in mine. My sim card works on his device though. What could be the problem and the possible solution? Is there any way to get other carriers to work on the note 3 which would not involve rooting?
He's been without his new device for close to 2 weeks so its a tiny bit urgent. I would appreciate a quick response

Thanks and have a nice day :)

Elfy
February 26th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Thread moved to The Cafe.

krishnan t s
March 8th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Got it solved a few days back. Apparently 2G does not work on first boot with an international note 3. I got my carrier plan changed to 3G and its working very well now :)

Luch_Don
March 30th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Great!