PDA

View Full Version : Title & Taskbar missing

pendulous
February 24th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Upgraded to 13.04 via term, rebooted, etc. Everything was working fine and, least to say, an improvement over 12.04!!
Anyway, ended up having to install a few other programs after the upgrade.

While setting up CompizConfig Settings Manager , window management , put ... somehow the titlebar and taskbar are now missing. Unable to move, close, windows or open unity. Alt-tab doesn't work either. Can only open nautilus via desktop shortcut and search / run applications from there.

Not sure what happened.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dkbhtx.jpg

Edit: trying to open system settings and the error: "there was an error launching the application"

Edit: Removed NVIDIA drivers, reboot, Gallium 0.4 on NVC4 now active and both displays are working, titlebar is visible and capable of moving windows, BUT unitiy and taskbar are still missing! It seems that unity is completely disabled.

ajgreeny
February 24th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Open CCSM and make sure all the needed plugins are enabled.

Don't forget that unity is a compiz plugin (I have read this somewhere but I don't use unity so could be wrong.)

Also you shuld be aware that 13.04 has lost all support now so you may have problems updating. It is probably worth installing 13.10 or waiting, if you can, for 14.04, to make sure you have support for your OS.