PDA

View Full Version : Missing Icons In the Unity Launcher In Cinnamon

Daniel_Knight
February 19th, 2014, 05:06 PM
So, as the title says. The Cin. equivalent of Unity or modified version, is missing the icons for: Terminal, Task Manager (a downloadable program), Imagewriter and System Settings. It's very annoying too how when dragging an app to the launch it makes an extra space in the middle of applications if you drag it between them in a certain way, so that when you plop it down you have to, if it did make that space, and it usually does for me, very annoying that I/you then have to drag all the icons on the bottom upwards to get rid of that space. If someone can inform the Mint Linux people of this flaw I'd appreciate it.

It's annoying too that there's no easy way to enlarge those launcher icons as they get absurdly shrunken the more that is added. It would be good to have a setting that allowed you control the shrinking and to instead opt for scrolling the launcher rather than being like an absurd opera browser and shrinking the tabs into nothingness.

There wouldn't happen to be a way to make your own icons to replace the built in app icons would there? That might be a temporary fix for missing icons if possible.

I'm about to inform the Cin. developers so never mind about relaying this message.

deadflowr
February 19th, 2014, 06:26 PM
What is this cinnamon unity desktop?

Do you have a screenshot of what this looks like?

buzzingrobot
February 19th, 2014, 08:00 PM
There's no 'Unity' in Cinnamon, and no 'launcher'. Cinnamon has a menu, and a panel where icons that launch applications may, optionally, be added.

Are you running Mint's Cinnamon release, or did you install Cinnamon on Ubuntu?

A cause of missing icons can be use of an incomplete icon set. Try switching to different icons in Cinnamon settings.