PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing Menu Icons

chazdg24
February 19th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I installed Cinnamon 2.0 and it is quite fast on Ubuntu 12.04.4. I had to install the Gnome Icons, which took care of most missing menu and taskbar icons except for a few like Clementine. This is always a problem with certain programs with Cinnamon going way back, whether it be installed on Ubuntu or via Mint. By the way, the same issue existed for me with Mint 16, 15, 14...

This is the same problem with Gnome Panel any time I installed it in the past. Cinnamon isn't compatible with Gnome but I wonder if it can give me an idea how to fix this isue.

Any ideas how to deal with this issue? Is it a theme issue? Can the issue be addressed with dconf or gconf? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FYI: The Clementine Icon shows up in the Sound Settings and Desktop.

Frogs Hair
February 19th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Try the following .I found an answer in the Cinnamon settings ,but was using 13,04 at the time.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/386835/cinnamon-icons-doesnt-appear

chazdg24
February 19th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Try the following .I found an answer in the Cinnamon setting ,but was using 13,04 at the time.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/386835/cinnamon-icons-doesnt-appear

That was the first thing I did, yet about 10 icons in the menu are missing. That is the same issue I had when using Gnome shell when it first came out.

Frogs Hair
February 19th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Thinking back, I solved the problem by choosing the icon set from Cinnamon settings rather than the Gnome Tweak Tool . What you have reported is a known bug.

chazdg24
February 19th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Thinking back, I solved the problem by choosing the icon set from Cinnamon settings rather than the Gnome Tweak Tool . What you have reported is a known bug.

I guess it hasn't been fixed yet. As you know the Gnome Tweak Tool isn't installed as Gnome Shell isn't installed. I do appreciate you getting back to me. I have been looking high and low for an answer.