PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually like the default colors?

nigelenki
July 21st, 2006, 11:46 PM
The default theme is nice, but the color scheme ... first brown, now orange? Seriously, Ubuntu's got about the ugliest color scheme of any distro I've ever seen, the first order of business I have is always changing to something else.

What themes do you mostly use anyway? Anything but brown/orange, or does everyone pretty much stick to the default?

aysiu
July 21st, 2006, 11:48 PM
Actually, I didn't really like the brown in Hoary and Breezy, but I like the orange in Dapper.

rpalyvoda
July 21st, 2006, 11:54 PM
I like it on Dapper, and this is the one I'm using right now!!!

G Morgan
July 21st, 2006, 11:55 PM
Same as aysui, I didn't like the brown but I do like the orange. I used to change to just about anything but these days stick with the default.

Lord Illidan
July 21st, 2006, 11:59 PM
I love the orange.. I actually switched KDE's colour scheme to it, too...for a more unified look.

Blue and Silver are boring...let's face it.. how many OSes come dressed in blue, silver, white and all that? Ubuntu is being innovative. And while the brown of hoary and breezy was not so cool, the orange of Dapper is beautiful.

Still, tastes abound.

vayu
July 22nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Same as aysui, I didn't like the brown but I do like the orange. I used to change to just about anything but these days stick with the default.

Another me too. Didn't like the brown, but I like the orange. I really like the icons, the scroll bars, the waiting bar thingie...

Engnome
July 22nd, 2006, 12:07 AM
Blue and Silver are boring...let's face it.. how many OSes come dressed in blue, silver, white and all that? Ubuntu is being innovative. And while the brown of hoary and breezy was not so cool, the orange of Dapper is beautiful.

Still, tastes abound.

So true, ubuntu really stands out now :D

blue = fedora, windows + 100 others

orange = dapper!

lapsey
July 22nd, 2006, 12:11 AM
orange is cool but brown is very tricky to get right and it's best to avoid

Shortgeek
July 22nd, 2006, 12:14 AM
I know it makes Dapper stand out, but one of the first things I do on any install is change the theme. I find Clearlooks controls, Human window border, and Tango icons a good combo, and I call it "Clumango" or "Bleumango".

Carrots171
July 22nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
This has been discussed plenty of times before. I love the orange theme in Dapper but I don't like the default wallpaper. Change the wallpaper to something that matches better, make the panels transparent, and the default theme looks awesome. :cool:

I also like using a dark blue version of the default theme (ubuntulooks-industrial) along with Tango icons and a matching wallpaper.

Boomy
July 22nd, 2006, 12:45 AM
What does the default look like? I forgot. #-o :lol:

RAV TUX
July 22nd, 2006, 05:40 AM
orange is the new brown, simply awesome.

Anduu
July 22nd, 2006, 05:54 AM
orange is the new brown, simply awesome.

Yup...I loved brown and I love orange...just something about the way it all comes together...so professional.