PDA

View Full Version : RIAA conducting "reign of terror," lawyer says

vayu
July 21st, 2006, 05:50 PM
http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/20/1651223&from=rss

Lord Illidan
July 21st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Good to see that some people are speaking up!
I hate those bloody bastards.. The only thing they think about is money, money, money...

Derek Djons
July 21st, 2006, 08:24 PM
For me the article proves one important point! The RIAA and other related organizations are not interested in sorting the mess out.

We all know the RIAA has some factors blocking it's success. Their goal should grant them success, but the organizations breaks it's own windows.

By suing everybody who's computer they can comprise they are not only throwing away money and resources. They also confuse, make enemies and waste time.
Everybody knows there are organized groups busy with cracking and distributing software. They do it using private bulleting boards and IRC. It's not that hard to compromise these groups. If you play it by the book you can easily get their servers pinged and localized and confiscate it all.

Unfortunately the RIAA sees things different. They don't like to wait and they don't put as much effort in compromising these groups as suing consumers. I don't know maybe they want to earn more money by suing everybody in the U.S. and abroad. But that isn't going to work.

Exactly as the article states, their cases against normal people are based upon their believes and wishes. WHAT? the frickin' F**K! I've followed some cases the RIAA has started against some Dutch residents. Even here the RIAA doesn't knows what's legal and not. People are being brought to court because of one legal house-copy only DVD, other people come home from work and find their door busted and computer missing... because the RIAA found two songs on the computer from KaZaa and what not.

vayu
July 21st, 2006, 11:27 PM
people come home from work and find their door busted and computer missing... because the RIAA found two songs on the computer from KaZaa and what not.

The authorities can just come in and confiscate stuff without any notice? That's too crazy. Please tell me that these people were at least served and then ignored a court order.

G Morgan
July 21st, 2006, 11:57 PM
The authorities can just come in and confiscate stuff without any notice? That's too crazy. Please tell me that these people were at least served and then ignored a court order.

Thats nothing, in the UK we have a law that US intelligence services can do whatever they like provided a UK police officer is within a certain distance. The wonders of a neo-con police state. The best bit is our own services are quite restricted in what they can do but foreign bodies have impunity.

taurus
July 22nd, 2006, 01:10 AM
If they are willing to put out good products and charge a reasonable price for them (instead of some crappy songs and high price), Then they wouldn't have to worry about people pirating their stuff! They keep blaming it on other people instead of themselves... :roll:

vayu
July 22nd, 2006, 08:05 AM
Thats nothing, in the UK we have a law that US intelligence services can do whatever they like provided a UK police officer is within a certain distance. The wonders of a neo-con police state. The best bit is our own services are quite restricted in what they can do but foreign bodies have impunity.

It's a global problem.

FISHERMAN
July 22nd, 2006, 09:18 AM
... other people come home from work and find their door busted and computer missing...

Did this actually happen in the Netherlands or are you now talking about the US?:o

Derek Djons
July 22nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Did this actually happen in the Netherlands or are you now talking about the US?:o

No, not in the Netherlands specific.

G Morgan
July 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM
It's a global problem.

I know this sort of thing happens all over the world but in most countries governments just turn a blind eye while in Britain its enshrined in law.

MethodOne
July 22nd, 2006, 05:42 PM
See my sig.