PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades for 12.04 on Feb 6, 2014

bigmatlem
February 7th, 2014, 07:02 AM
OK I stupidly just allowed my system to just download and install todays updates without looking at them Now my screen is all messed up and if I knew what they were I'd get rid of them.

I have an HD monitor at 1080p running an ATI chip which worked great up until today. Now the monitor has no edges. They are off screen. I down graded the resolution to 720 no help, I put it in vga mode made it worse.

I remember one of them being a chrome install don't know if it was a browser chrome or other. NEED HELP! I'm back to my old monitor and while it was good compared to what I have it really sucks.

Dennis N
February 7th, 2014, 07:11 AM
You can find out what was done from the log files. dpkg.log in /var/log contains a record of what happened by date and time.

bigmatlem
February 10th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Found the issue and corrected it. During the last update the system somehow corrupted the catalyst for ATI and wiped out all settings. I went to ATI and downloaded their driver for it rather than hoping Ubuntu would see the graphics adapter. Installing their software cleared up the issue. It installed a new version of jockey-gtk 0.9.7-0ubuntu7.13 which messed everything up.

bigmatlem
February 10th, 2014, 06:34 AM
For the ATI card users out there watch out for the new version of jockey-gtk it has a problem.