PDA

View Full Version : What are some things I can do?

Tristan_Williams
February 4th, 2014, 02:08 AM
I've read about how you can make Linux into a router, or a tv recorder, or audio workstation... but none of those attract me...

What are some other things I can make out of Linux? Something along the lines of router, recorder, J.A.R.V.I.S., or something like that...

bashiergui
February 4th, 2014, 02:35 AM
If you manage to create a JARVIS please post a tutorial on youtube for the rest of us. The only piece I'm missing from my costume (aside from the mansion, money, hot cars and hot girlfriend). I'm so close.

Tristan_Williams
February 4th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Haha well that's my goal in life... Make a J.A.R.V.I.S.

RadicaX
February 4th, 2014, 04:23 AM
1. Not Microsoft Sam, but something like it.

2. have it say things according to situations, Jarvis basically just repeats stats to Tony.

3. Basically just put Siri in a helmet, adding programs of your own that interact and do the task you need it for.

Linux, it can be a lot of things, you just need to modify it. (For example, no need to have a million device drivers if you are the one making the devices, or know what brand, time to get to ripping code out of the kernel.) and you put things you do need in there. Much like Super computers would I would imagine.

Don_Stahl
February 4th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Oh, just identify the nature of dark matter or something. Somebody already used Linux to find the Higgs boson. http://news.softpedia.com/news/Scientific-Linux-and-Ubuntu-Used-to-Find-the-Higg-s-Boson-279807.shtml :)