PDA

View Full Version : Any of you do a little math for fun?

RadicaX
February 1st, 2014, 11:52 PM
I tend to like to do math, Elementary algebra can be fun to do, nothing like a good problem to do from time to time, or to try and apply it to something you do. Keeping in practice with it is useful too, especially for some of the skills you pick up from linear equation problems. Like when trying to find the Maxima and Minima in Calculus 1. All of a sudden all that moving numbers and variables around becomes much easier and is not a big problem.

Point is, do you just have any enjoyment from any kind of math you may do?

rewyllys
February 2nd, 2014, 02:06 AM
I tend to like to do math, Elementary algebra can be fun to do, nothing like a good problem to do from time to time, or to try and apply it to something you do. Keeping in practice with it is useful too, especially for some of the skills you pick up from linear equation problems. Like when trying to find the Maxima and Minima in Calculus 1. All of a sudden all that moving numbers and variables around becomes much easier and is not a big problem.

Point is, do you just have any enjoyment from any kind of math you may do?
+1 on your comments.

I enjoy doing math, and am currently participating in a really interesting MOOC offered by Stanford University that deals with statistical learning. (The course started just last week, so it's not too late to sign up for it if anyone reading this is interested.)

RadicaX
February 2nd, 2014, 04:10 AM
+1 on your comments.

I enjoy doing math, and am currently participating in a really interesting MOOC offered by Stanford University that deals with statistical learning. (The course started just last week, so it's not too late to sign up for it if anyone reading this is interested.)

Thank you, glad to see another person who enjoys doing math. That is interesting (The whole idea of MOOC for anything is really an interesting thing, for many subjects). You will have to tell about your experience when it is done too for those that do not sign up. Do you ever look up yourself little math trivia or proofs also? Like 0.999... = 1 (or in the UK I guess it is 0,999... = 1 ). Things like that can be just outstanding when you learn about it and check it.