PDA

View Full Version : vista loads automatically on startup after Ubuntu install

thamas2
February 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM
Tried out Ubuntu for a bit now decided to make a disk and add it to my laptop.. well it all worked fine made second partition and all that I decided I wanted to keep my windows vista for certain games and programs already on it so I went with the install alongside windows vista when it restarted it automatically loaded vista and my hd space is the size I set it to (120gb less then it had before) but im wondering now and my only question is: how do I boot Ubuntu now that its installed..? From what I have read in forum n stuff Grub should have installed on the computer when I installed Ubuntu and its supost to let me choose which operating system I want to run.. but it doesnt come up dhows my gateway starteup screen then it show windows loading.. nuthing in between nuthing tried restarting computer.. nuthing same thing windows logs in is there something I was supost bto do when I was done it said it was done I pushed restart disk poped out a message came up that said installation compleatly, terminate and then an ok or something I kinda forget now but I pushed enter it turned off I went to turn it on straight to vista like I didnt install ubuntu at all

thamas2
February 1st, 2014, 10:29 PM
Ok now I installed grub 2 and it turns on and goes directly to a grub command line no list to choose windows vista or Ubuntu but it says grub> and when I hit tab tell me a bunch of code when I type boot it askes for correct Kernal first.. what do I do now :s

tfrue
February 2nd, 2014, 03:00 AM
I would like to see your boot-info script, it will give us a much more detailed report of your HDD and many other details.

Here is how you get it going.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Info