PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove 'Dash plugins' off of my dash?

Jacob_Chang
January 30th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I've been customizing a pilot Ubuntu image before 14.04 and have a whole list of customizations that I have done and will do. One of the things I want to accomplish but can't seem to overcome is the 'Dash Plugins' display on the dash. I just want installed apps on my dash, and I've already removed the other lenses (files, music, shopping, etc), suggestions and so on.

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, I attached a screenshot of what I want to remove, highlighted around a yellow box (sorry for the poor image quality, I had to resize the image for it to meet the requirements for attachments).

I've been using gsettings/dconf extensively, but cannot find this under any heading (if anything, it should be under somethng like 'com.canonical.unity'). Any idea on how to remove this? Thanks in advance.

Bibek
February 25th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I am trying to do the same but i am not able to , anyone has any ideas about how to accomplish this ? Thanks

grahammechanical
February 25th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I have never written a scope but if I knew how to write one I may also find out how to remove a scope. From the scope tutorial.

The .scope file will be installed into the same prefix as Unity, which will generally be/usr/share/unity/scopes/masterscope/myscope.scope. Notice that if the scope is a master one, it will have a top-level directory under the */scopes folder. In our case, the scope will be under the graphics scope, so it will be installed in/usr/share/unity/scopes/graphics/openclipart.scope

http://developer.ubuntu.com/scopes/tutorial/