PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading to 13.1 with intermittent internet connection

darrenrmoss
January 29th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone. I'm trying to upgrade to 13.1 from 13.04. I've tried many times now in fact. The problem is that at my work, where I can access the internet, the wifi connection keeps dropping. This happens to everyone in the office and I know it's a problem with the network, but there's nothing being done about it.
However, every time I try to upgrade, the upgrade manager gets into downloading the necessary files, then the connection is lost. The upgrade manager then immediately aborts, gives a list of files it couldn't download and resets to previous configuration. There is never an option to try again, or reconnect.
Then, when I try to restart the whole thing, sometimes I get the option to upgrade and the whole cycle starts again, but other times the update manager tells me that my software is up to date and doesn't give me the option to upgrade.
Is there some way to download all the necessary files via a managed downloader which can deal with internet hiccups? Like Transmission, for example?

Thanks for your help!