PDA

View Full Version : Missing Ubuntu :-(

Brynster
July 21st, 2006, 10:13 AM
I am currently doing an LPI.org course (LP101 for all those interested) through the correspondence version of the coursework as supplied by Bradford Learning (excellent course, excellent material supplied) however its Suse geared and as such in order to work through at a comfortable pace i have installed Suse so what i am reading is what i am seeing. Now Suse is an excellent distro and i don't want to start a my mums better than your mum flame war over the merits and failures of each distro. simply want to say that i am not enjoying my Suse experience and cannot wait to get rid of the horrid clunkyness of it where everything seems a struggle and get back to the simplicity of Ubuntu and the joy it brings me almost dailey. Cannot wait for the Ubuntu-LPI training material to be available to me.....

geco
July 21st, 2006, 10:21 AM
what about installing Ubuntu and emulating Suse with VMware???
In this way you can do your LPI.org course and use Ubuntu for all other purposes! ;)

Brynster
July 21st, 2006, 10:53 AM
I tried that but due to my limited knowledge i wasn't 100% successful (Yast wouldn't play nicely) so i gave up and went the way of the full install.

Castar
July 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM
It's a week since I've uninstalled it and I'm missing it too... :(