PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Errno 5 during Installation of 13.10

andrewjbarnett
January 27th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, however I tried searching for a solution but something stuck out at me that has solved my problem.

I'm attempting to install 13.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop. I have received Errno 5 on a number of attempts to install Ubuntu.

I have checked the MD5SUM of the download file (downloaded via torrent) and the MD5SUM of the file matches that on the Hashes page (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes) of the wiki. I have attempted to install Ubuntu through the loader upon booting from the DVD, as well as starting the Live Demo and attempting to install it through the Live Demo. Both methods give the same error message.

I did notice that when not attempting to install through the Live Demo, that when it said to close the window it would allow me to send an error report, it did hang and not let me close the window nor attempt to show the error reporting window.

I will try using 12.04.3 for now and see if I get the same error, but maybe I'm missing something others have worked out to get an install working.

mörgæs
January 28th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

How does it work if you install from a USB stick?

shaansweb
February 23rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem trying to install ubuntu on my Dell Inspiron 14 7000.