PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mysql-Workbech installation bug or ?

Sidmaker
January 25th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Hi to everyone,
i've faced with really weird behaviour of mysql-workbench. I don't know how i can explain it and where should i dig about my problem.
So let me describe the problem:

Couple monthes ago i installed mysql-server and mysql-workbench using default commands:
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
and
sudo apt-get install mysql-workbench

Everything was OK, but i have not worked with mysql-server and mysql-workbench since my last time couple monthes ago. Now i came back and could not understand why mysql-workbench does work properly.
Right now i have exact the same problems like described in this fancy (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mysql-workbench/+bug/1108630) bug(Result Grid does not display query results). But what was most ununderstandable for me is: how is it possible? I had working environment before, than something happened and now it does not work.
I tried to reinstall both mysql-server and mysq-workbench but it didn't help me. Also i tried to install fresh version(even developers version) of mysql-workbech - stilll no luck. I still can't understand to who this bug related more to Ubuntu team or Mysql.

If somebody knows any kinds of crutch how to fix my problem i will appreciate that very much, because i didn't find solution.

Some info regarding my OS:
lsb_release -a

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
Release: 12.04
Codename: precise

uname -a
Linux sidmaker 3.2.0-58-generic #88-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 3 17:37:58 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux