PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu Installation Issues

Vinay Balraj
January 21st, 2014, 03:46 AM
Hello there, I'm trying to install Ubuntu 13.04 on my Desktop which has this configuration [Intel i5- 3rd gen, Intel Motherboard, Zotac Nvidia GT630- DDR 3- 2GB, DDR 3 Ram 4*2, 1TB SATA HDD]. I'm installing this through a bootable USB stick. The motherboard detects the drive and boots to it. But a few seconds later gives the message "no suitable video mode found booting in blind mode" and goes blank. I've tried changing the Grub on the installation source and disabling UEFI boot and also disabled fast boot and disabled USB optimization on BIOS. Tried selecting primary display from BIOS instead of graphics card and faced same issue. I've also tried removing the graphics card and booting to the primary display. And facing same issue. Is there anything else I can do here? How do I go about this? Thanks for any help in advance. :o

madverb
January 21st, 2014, 04:04 AM
This might help: http://askubuntu.com/questions/127305/how-to-install-ubuntu-on-a-computer-with-a-nvidia-geforce-gtx-550-ti

Vinay Balraj
January 21st, 2014, 07:02 AM
Thanks... Solved my issue... Was tinkering under the cpu since quite a while. All I had to do was this. I dont see the thanks button anywhere... So putting out this message....

madverb
January 21st, 2014, 08:00 AM
Good stuff