PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Install On Vizio CN15-A5

erhollowell
January 15th, 2014, 01:52 AM
I have just obtained a brand new Vizio CN15-A5 Ultrabook which I have run Mediabuntu 12.04.3 desktop i386 live on. It seemed to run well but it can not mount the main Windows partition. It will not install for the same reason. After some research I have come to learn that it is a problem with the way the hard drive and SSD are accessed which makes them look like a RAID drive.

Of course I have found out how to adjust the boot menu and to turn off secureboot to get the live OS to boot.

I am asking for you best advice on how to install some flavor of Ubuntu on this machine. I really don't care to have the WIN8 on the machine. I have made dual boot machines before and the Windows was just wasted space. Some of the things I have read made me wonder if I could make it work properly at all without WIN8 intact. So far I have not brought myself to the point of being able to agree to the "Terms of Use" as this seems rather distasteful to me. I see some information regarding similar installs but it is sometimes out of date and seems to always key on the system being dual boot so I'm trying to get the newest and best info.

Thank You in advance!

erhollowell
January 19th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Gee, did I say something wrong? Crickets are sure loud tonight. (bump)

erhollowell
January 21st, 2014, 01:02 AM
OK, so the new laptop suddenly had a complete battery failure (getting message -No battery installed-) so it's going away. I am intending on finding something without the complications of a HDD/SSD drive combo as a replacement. I've learned a lesson.