PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Xubuntu won't wake up after inactivity

GammaPoint
January 14th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Hi, I'm currently running Xubuntu 13.04. It was working perfectly for me for a good number of months until I was able to acquire a second monitor at work. To get the second monitor to work, I had to do some stuff with arandr. This got my second monitor to work, but following this I would occasionally run into the following issue: when I had been away from my computer for a reasonable amount of time (say, greater than a few hours) then there would be some probability that on return my screens would be black and I would not be able to log back in. I would then have to manually turn the computer off and back on. Sometimes it would not occur though, and I'd have a password prompt and be able to login as normal.

Now, I know that dual-monitor support has been improved in 13.10, and thus it would make sense to upgrade and see if this problem is fixed, but I don't quite want to upgrade my work computer yet for some other reasons I won't bore you with. Anyone aware of something I could try to fix this issue in 13.04? Thanks in advance.

egeezer
January 14th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Xubuntu has a lot of really good power management options. You might try (at least until you're ready to go to 13.10) something like using a time-set Suspend so you could just wake it up with the famous Anykey ;-) and no re-login would be necessary.