PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Password field on login windows is disabled

zxyvut
January 12th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Hello,

I was trying to setup a login without having to enter a password on my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop. I chose "Login without a password" from System Settings -> User Accounts. This prevented me from doing sudo. Looking up on google informed of this bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1168749). So I executed passwd from console and reset my password to a non-empty value. Now I have a password and I can do sudo. I also figured out how I can turn on "Automatic Login" without deleting my password. Now I have temporarily disbled "Automatic Login" to ensure that I have restored everything. However, the password field on the main login window that I get is still left uneditable. I just have to click in the password field and I am logged in automatically. Can you please tell me what should I do so that the password field becomes editable and I am forced to enter the password. (By the way, the password field on the window that I get when the screen is locked is editable and I have to enter the password there to unlock.)

Thanks,
zxyvut