PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Weird graphic issue with the dash in Unity after suspend

haile999
January 8th, 2014, 12:51 AM
Everything else works fine except for this annoying issue that causes the Dash to look awful and unusable. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
My system has an Nvidia graphic card. Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

QIII
January 8th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Hello!

Are you using the default open source driver or the proprietary driver? If the latter, which version?

What is the specific model number of your GPU?

Which version of Ubuntu?

haile999
January 9th, 2014, 06:15 AM
I am currently using the Nvidia proprietary driver 319 tested. The model of the GPU is GTX 260M. And I am on the latest public release of Ubuntu 13.10
You reminded me of the driver of the GPU. I changed it from open source to proprietary when I first installed Ubuntu into my machine. I am going to try to change it back to the original to see if it would work :)

haile999
January 9th, 2014, 08:41 PM
I tried to go back to the orignial open source driver and test it with the suspend feature. It did not work at all. No password popup after turning back on so I had to shutdown the machine by the button. Now I'm back at the proprietary v319 and the problem is still there. Any idea to fix this graphic issue?