PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Intel gm965/gl960

vladimirvilimaitis
January 7th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I've been experenceing severe problems due to the lack of graphic drivers recently, and I urgently need to install one. I've found a website that allows me to do so - https://01.org/linuxgraphics/ - but I have no idea how to get drivers out of there. Can I get any help? My GPU is gm965/gl960, if that helps anyhow.

MartyBuntu
January 7th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I've been experenceing severe problems...

Such as?

The Intel drivers built in to the kernel are pretty good. What's the exact problem you're having?

vladimirvilimaitis
January 8th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Such as?
White lines occasionally flickering on screen, making it impossible to do anything. I doubt it's related to physical malfunction.

I also get message on login/logout that states that I have 2 missing kernel drivers.

Mark Phelps
January 8th, 2014, 06:11 PM
due to the lack of graphic drivers

If you had no graphics drivers, you would not be seeing a desktop or even a command line; instead, you would be seeing a blank, black screen.

Linux drivers are automatically installed during initial setup -- so the Intel drivers are already there.

What version of Linux are you using?

What you are describing is an indication of hardware problems -- and as this is a pretty old Intel chipset, it's possible the video chipset is failing.

vladimirvilimaitis
January 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Terminal states that I am using 3.11.0-15-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP i686 GNU/Linux. Shortly, it's Xubuntu 13.10.

I do not think that I have all the drivers, as the message on the boot up clearly states that I have 2 missing kernel drivers. I can provide a picture of the exact error I am getting, if needed.

Mark Phelps
January 9th, 2014, 12:04 AM
I can provide a picture of the exact error I am getting, if needed.

That would help -- as guessing at error messages is essentially a waste of time.

vladimirvilimaitis
January 9th, 2014, 02:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kRFINi1.jpg