PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] LVM_2 member

nibal
January 3rd, 2014, 04:54 PM
Hi,

Doing a new installation of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64x. I do the partitioning myself, and asign a seperate partition for /boot with ext2 fs. When I try to reboot, grub stalls with error "Bad arch elf magic". Trying to rescue and install grub-uefi package, I cannot mount /boot because of unknown filesystem "LVM_2 memeber". How can i disable LVM during partitioning when installing?

TIA,
Nikos

nibal
January 3rd, 2014, 05:36 PM
Fixed it. From rescue environment used fdisk to delete and readd boot partition. Then formatted with ext2, mounted and reinstalled kernel and grub.

nibal
January 3rd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Fixed it. From rescue environment used fdisk to delete and readd boot partition. Then formatted with ext2, mounted and reinstalled kernel and grub.

Actually didn't work :(. There are a whole bunch of other files in /boot/grub, that reinstalling grub and kernel didn't help. Ended up witth an unbootable system with the warning "Very low graphics" and no mouse or keyboard.
This seems to be an installation bug of the 64x 12.04. The 32x version doesn't put /boot on LVM2! Any ideas on how to disable it during installation of 64x 12.04?

TIA,
Nikos

nibal
January 3rd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Actually didn't work :(. There are a whole bunch of other files in /boot/grub, that reinstalling grub and kernel didn't help. Ended up witth an unbootable system with the warning "Very low graphics" and no mouse or keyboard.
This seems to be an installation bug of the 64x 12.04. The 32x version doesn't put /boot on LVM2! Any ideas on how to disable it during installation of 64x 12.04?

TIA,
Nikos

I got rid of the LVM problem. Had to also do a grub-install /dev/sda to populate correctly my /boot/grub directory. So I am left only with the UEFI issue. But that's another thread ;-)