PDA

View Full Version : Guides for my job interview?

magodiafano
January 2nd, 2014, 05:48 PM
Hello

a telecommunications operator has contacted me for a job interview. The position I applied for, requires these skills:

Knowledge of:
routing, switching, VoIP, Wireless
Microsoft OS e/o Linux OS and their architecture
Databases (Microsoft SQL Server / My SQL)
Networking in LAN and WAN
VMWare.

In particular could you suggest me a guide for Networking in LAN and WAN? what does it refer?
And what about routing and switching? Do I have to know only routing and switching protocols?

Thank you

mips
January 3rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
What is the job description, do you have a bit more info?

MartyBuntu
January 4th, 2014, 06:37 AM
This again?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2190175

You never answered the question of what certifications you have...

QIII
January 4th, 2014, 06:44 AM
To be quite honest, if you are due to have an interview and are asking about these sort of learning resources then I think you are not prepared for this interview and won't be by flipping through a few manuals.

magodiafano
January 4th, 2014, 04:06 PM
the position I was called back are:
Junior sales account and junior technical sales support.

bashiergui
January 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
the position I was called back are:
Junior sales account and junior technical sales support.
Let me see if I understand. You will be selling technical gear to technical people. You don't have a fundamental grasp of what the technical gear actually does.

You sound as qualified as every sales support guy I've met. You're a shoo-in!

magodiafano
January 4th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Let me see if I understand. You will be selling technical gear to technical people. You don't have a fundamental grasp of what the technical gear actually does.

You sound as qualified as every sales support guy I've met. You're a shoo-in!

Yes I have the technical grasp but I would like to improve that before the job interview since I have been working in different areas.

MartyBuntu
January 4th, 2014, 10:39 PM
What qualifications/certifications do you even have to warrant a call-back from an employer?

bashiergui
January 5th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Yes I have the technical grasp but I would like to improve that before the job interview since I have been working in different areas.
If the job is for Cisco then it stands to reason you should read a few study guides for Cisco certifications.