PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 12.04 and wine cant install kindle on laptop

kalipencaksilat
January 2nd, 2014, 05:07 AM
Hi! I have been trying to figure out how to install properly kindle app to my asus laptop runing on ubuntu 12.04 lts os.
i saw a thread and a question from another user which has the same problem, but no answers have been given to him since september 12, when he asked the question.
i have the same problem. i have wine. i downloaded the kindle and than saved it in a folder /etc.
the kindle icon appears on my desktop but when i try to run it, its not working and its giving me the message that something is broken or went wrong. and the application closes itself. so i m not able to access my kindle on ubuntu.
it really frustrates me because i bought so many books and i would like to save them to my laptop and convert them in the pdf file. even when i connect my phone via keyair and i can see my applications, files, etc, i still cant find the paths to the books on kindle.
i was trying to get those paths and save under a folder, but there are none.
can you please help me, its really urgent the matter, but i will wait!

thank you so much and please if you know (yes developers or any experienced user of ubuntu/linux etc) please help!

thank you and have a great dat!!!:KS:guitar::twisted:

carl4926
January 2nd, 2014, 05:11 AM
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10597