PDA

View Full Version : Recieving "Bad mirror" message in Ubuntu

miladshkoh
January 1st, 2014, 10:28 PM
Hi,

I am trying to install Ubuntu on my gaming rig via my local network. I have used this tutorial: http://s205blog.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/ubuntu-12-04-lte-pxe-network-installation-tutorial/ but I have changed some settings such as using DHCP server and not using proxyDHCP. On my gaming rig I have no CD drive and no operating system installed. So once I boot up my gaming rig It starts up the Ubuntu menu. I have 5 options:
-Install
-Command-line install
-Advanced options >
-Help
-live

Once I press Install I have to wait a few seconds and another screen pops up which configures my keyboard and then my network and so on. Once I finished all this it asks me to select a mirror. When I select the UK mirror it opens and stays at 0% for about 5 seconds and then changes to 100% in less than a second, once that's done I get an error message reading 'Bad Mirror'. Now, on my server PC where all the required programs are running (Serva, NFS Serva) I have a mounted Ubuntu version 13.10. I don't see why it even has to download mirrors since I have the full install on the server already :mad:. I was thinking that maybe I should use Command-line install but I have no clue how to do this since this is the first time I am installing Ubuntu. I hope someone can help.

Best Regards

oldos2er
January 2nd, 2014, 06:12 PM
Have you tried selecting a different mirror?