PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Thunar's custom actions and mediainfo

dannyboy79
December 29th, 2013, 07:59 AM
I often use mediainfo on video and audio files but I always do it from a terminal, isn't there a way to add this to Thunar's custom action list so that when i right click on my video file it will run mediainfo on that file and then show me the results in some window whether it be a terminal window or a zenity window? I've already tried the following which only shows the terminal for a moment and then it dissappears.

xfce4-terminal -x mediainfo -i %f

Any help would be appreciated. and yes, mediainfo is installed in my path so i can run it from anywhere.

Elfy
December 29th, 2013, 12:59 PM
works here with this, tested on flac, mp3 and avi

mediainfo -i %f | zenity --text-info

in the command box

Make sure that Appearance Conditions are set in the appropriate custom action tab.

(Thanks for pushing me to work out something I didn't know - I started from the ubuntu community wiki - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ThunarCustomActions )

dannyboy79
December 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
AWESOME, it works. Thank you so much! I did look at the ubuntu wiki for thunar custom actions I just didn't know how to use the pipe and zenity.

Elfy
December 30th, 2013, 06:56 AM
AWESOME, it works. Thank you so much! I did look at the ubuntu wiki for thunar custom actions I just didn't know how to use the pipe and zenity.

Neither did I, hence my thanks.

Glad you're happy :)