PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Remapping Capslock without losing the setting if i change the keyboard layout?

jan-goebel-g
December 26th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Hi.

I know how to use xmodmap to to remap caps to ctrl, thats a no brainer.
I know that ubuntu is bugged that far that i have to manually load the .Xmodmaprc. Fair game.
I dont know why they took the nice option to define a key per layout out.
I would love to know how to get a similar setting NOW?

Once i switch the layout the settings are gone and id have to manually do xmodmap .Xmodmap again. That sucks.
Is there a way to either do it consistent over the layouts or to execute the xmodmap everythme i clock on the layout indicator and switch the layout?

jan-goebel-g
December 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
There is no solution to the problem?

egeezer
December 28th, 2013, 06:29 PM
If you map the Caps Lock key to 0x0000, I believe you will find it is simply disabled - in case you are (like me) more interested in getting rid of the Capitals By Error problem! ;-)

jan-goebel-g
January 6th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Thank you but if would it get they button out, i really want to remap it to ctrl(like it works flawlessly in 12.10, all mint versions...with no problems thats why im sure there is a right way to do it, im just not in the mood to research it:D).
If it could be ctrl with another key and esc when only capslock is pressed that would be the solution im looking for!