PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem installing Lubuntu 12.10, or debian gui on an iBook 3g

steeleagle_jjj
December 26th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Im trying to install Lubuntu 12.10 on an iBook 3g, but when im on the GUI of the installation it freezes. So then i tried to install debian 6, the installation went all well, because i didnt use the gui installation wizard. it was just like commands. But when it finished, i needed to install a gui, because i just had the terminal. I installed kde, didnt work, then i tried xfce, lxde and didnt work either. The installation of those 3 desktop environments went well, but the problem was that when i turn the ibook on and the desktop environment was about to appear, it didnt show up. All i could see on the screen was a 1 cm thick horizontal like, the rest of the screen was black. It was all the same for the 3 desktop environments. I dont understand, because when i boot the lubuntu from the live cd, i can see the lxde environment pretty well, but when it is installed on the ibook it doesnt work.
Which linux distro should i try next?? or any suggestions i would appreciate. thanks