PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 12.04 Window Focus Issues

radish_
December 10th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Hi all I just recently updated ubuntu using the automated updates and I ran into a problem where I can't use my mouse properly on certain windows because Ubuntu isn't focusing properly.

for example I open my web browser and I can click on anything in the launcher and across the top bar to shutdown applications and the computer but everything in the browser cannot be clicked on.
I finally found a way to get ubuntu to properly focus on the window by fiddling with the launcher and clicking all over the place and I'm still not 100% sure what got it to work. It happens with every application I open including the terminal. However for some reason even though my mouse cannot click anything on a window my keyboard still works 100% and I have gotten used to using keyboard shortcuts to navigate throughout my computer.

If the latest kernal update caused this how do I back out to the last working version of ubuntu?

radish_
December 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Okay now I'm stuck in my browser and can't click on anything else in my computer including the launcher bar wonderful :\

radish_
December 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
okay for some reason when i logged out and logged back in the OS corrected itself and asked to send an error report to ubuntu and now everythings working. Weird