PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Mandela dies at age 95

henke54
December 5th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Here Nelson Mandela explains what UBUNTU means : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HED4h00xPPA
And he now is 'completely' free : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcTvoWjZJU
Rest in peace Madiba.
:sad:

lisati
December 5th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Just heard the news myself..... :(

95 is a good innings.

oldos2er
December 5th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Rip.

buzzingrobot
December 6th, 2013, 12:01 AM
It's been a privilege to be alive on the same planet with him.

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika.

PJs Ronin
December 6th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Last of the truely Great Men.

Rest easy Sir.

mörgæs
December 6th, 2013, 01:43 AM
In a world with so much hypocricy among politicians it gave a little hope that at least one of them could walk the talk.

QIII
December 6th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Mandela was more than just a great man. He was a good ​ man. Seems a rare mix.

QDR06VV9
December 6th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Last of the truely Great Men.

Rest easy Sir.
Nicely Put! Desperately Need More like Him!

rybaxs-yahoo
December 6th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Rest In Peace my friend... thank you for the philosophy that gives me encouragement on why I should share Ubuntu OS.
UBUNTU

rybaxs
December 6th, 2013, 02:50 AM
RIP Nelson Mandela

Rest In Peace my friend... thank you for the philosophy that gives me encouragement on why I should share Ubuntu OS.
UBUNTU

mjalberts13
December 7th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Rip.

mips
December 7th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I thought threads about politics were not allowed here. He had nothing to do with oss, was a terrorist or freedom fighter, a politician of a political party and the head of its' military wing that targeted civilians.

RIP

kevdog
December 9th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Wow mips, strong opinions. Good to here a mix of opinions since for all the hoopla, I'm not very well versed in the life of Nelson Mandela other than what you read in the newspapers.

mips
December 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Wow mips, strong opinions. Good to here a mix of opinions since for all the hoopla, I'm not very well versed in the life of Nelson Mandela other than what you read in the newspapers.

Always two sides to a coin, media usually only reports on the one side.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela#Umkhonto_we_Sizwe_and_African_tour: _1961.E2.80.931962
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umkhonto_we_Sizwe

Either way no ill feelings towards the man and I truly believe he changed as a man and did good.

PaulW2U
December 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I thought threads about politics were not allowed here.

I've just read a report that says 53 world leaders will be attending his funeral. On that basis I have no problem with this thread.

llanitedave
December 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Nelson Mandela transcended politics.

mips
December 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I've just read a report that says 53 world leaders will be attending his funeral. On that basis I have no problem with this thread.

I'm pretty sure there will be more than that. Would you feel the same way if threads were created for other politicians, say Fidel Castro, Margaret Thatcher, Helmut Khol, Aung San Suu Kyi, George Bush, Vladimir Putin etc simply based on the amounts of heads of state attending the funeral?

Nelson Mandela transcended politics.

Yes in later life I would definitely say he did but he was always a party man, he never ever spoke out about the corruption, nepotism, aids denialism etc The Dali Lama won't be attending his funeral as he has been barred from entering this country due to the party bowing to Chinese influence (he has been barred twice before). People only see the stuff the media reports on and it paints a rosy picture, come experience things for yourself and then decide. The euphoria of post 1994 is gone, people are suffering and getting frustrated. Everybody is up in arms about gitmo but nobody realises this party had it's own gitmo camps in Africa torturing and killing their very own people. Even old Archbishop Desmond Tutu had his criticism and he was lambasted for being an old senile man, he's one person I truly have a lot of respect and admiration for, he cries for what's happening to this country and so do many other average joe's. Read what you want, believe what you want but that does not make it the truth.

bapoumba
December 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Okay, I'm just going to close this for now and wait for some other Staff input.