PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Idea for changed top bar in Ubuntu

africi
December 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Hi I'm Mahmoud from Sudan and firstly i would like to Thank everyone who's involving to make Ubuntu better I'm new Ubuntu user and i wanna give a feedback about unity top bar i meant the bar dat contains user name option and date and time Sound control icon etc Ya Ya You got it right so it will be better if we can customize that bar for example make it auto-hide and so and so okay if dis happened i think will give unity the power of customization and a lot of people dislke it when it's uncontrollable controlling it will give us more options and more screen space i hope this feedback will be taken seriously and
Thank You

The Cog
December 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Mahmoud, welcome to the forums.

Please keep to the normal font unless there are good reasons to change though, because people tend to have their browsers set up so the default fonts are right for them.

Also, not that I want to push you away, but this forum is really for support and I don't think the developers read here very often. So don't expect to see replies from the developers.

If you really dislike the Ubuntu GUI (some people love it, some hate it) you could try the different GUIs in Xubuntu, Lubuntu and Kubuntu. They are all rather different to each other and you may find one that you really like.

BBQdave
December 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM
...bar for example make it auto-hide... ...and more screen space...

It is interesting, the flow of Gnome 3 and Unity.

Gnome 3 auto hides application bar, search, expand desktops - quickly accessed with the Super Key.

Unity's application bar nicely moves programs back and forth from the desktop and makes good use of Global Menus. Dash is an incredible feature :)

Both of these UI's have a nice flow. I think if you give these new interfaces some time, you'll find them smooth and handy (and the value of the bar placement).

oldos2er
December 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
To contact the devs, try https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-discuss