PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to change default “Categories” and “Sources” in Unity Dash?

ijhm86
December 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
So I have started using the Dash recently.

What I want is to set the default "Categories" (Applications, Social, Weather...) because now, if I want to search for a FB pic or an update, I have to manually click on "Social" on the right side of the Dash. Right now, depending on my search, either Applications, Weather or Reference show automatically, but not Social for example.

I want to manually set the default "Categories" I want the Dash to use when I search for something without the need of clicking on the right side.

The same thing happens with the "Sources", under "Categories". I want Wikipedia, Facebook and some others to appear by default but I have to search through all of the sources list and manually click on them, which takes some time.

So, is there a way to choose the default Categories and Sources for the Dash?

ijhm86
December 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
OK, so I found the way to do it. I just had to install dconf-editor and change some default values.

Copper Bezel
December 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I think the key is com.canonical.Unity.lenses always-search for anyone else looking for this. Thanks for posting the solution and marking the thread, ijhm86 - I needed this, too. = D