PDA

View Full Version : Mouse cursor disappears when scrolling or typing

jorgibal
November 27th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Hi people,

I just received my new laptop with Xubuntu 12.04 preinstalled. Everything works fine except from the mouse cursor, which disappears when typing, scrolling, or leaving it idle over icons which in turn pop up a dialog box (e.g. names are too long, icon to close a tab in Chrome, etc.). There might be more cases but this is what I have found so far. I googled the problem and I've only found two posts with similar problems to mine, but none of them was successfully solved (see link below). Do you have any ideas where the problem might be? Maybe some driver affecting the graphics card (integrated Intel HD 4620)?

http://askubuntu.com/questions/297099/mouse-disappears-randomly-and-when-clicking-something

Thank you very much for your help!

Jordi

bengy103
December 6th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Me too!

I would love an answer to this one. It really is annoying me though I know I shouldn't get emotionally involved with a computer.

regards,

bengy

Confused Computer User
December 8th, 2013, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure if this might help but in the case of Kubuntu, there is a pakage called "unclutter" which makes the mouse pointer dissapear after a certain time of inactivity.
Check to see if this package is installed on your system.