PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Toolbar icons in Gnumeric (and Abiword) too large

soldave
November 27th, 2013, 04:00 AM
I'm using an MSI Wind U100 netbook (screen resolution 1000x600 I believe), along with Xubuntu 13.10. Have recently installed it on my netbook and am playing around with it. I'm liking it except for one issue I'm having with Gnumeric.

My problem is that the toolbar icons are so big they take up a huge amount of the screen when I have all 3 enabled. Abiword has a similar problem but not as bad. I tried LibreOffice and the icons there are much smaller, but I'd rather stay with the lightweight Gnumeric wherever possible.

I've searched and found some options for altering icon sizes in Gnome, but not with the Xfce interface.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get these icons a little smaller? Thanks for any thoughts in advance :)

leeper69
November 27th, 2013, 04:12 PM
hi soldave have you tryed setting the icons to a different system or personal icon by choosing properties for these files? just right click on the icon in the panel and pick properties then click on the pencil icon then dubbel click in the icon box.
you can make the pannel smaller by right clicking on the pannel and picking panel preferances then adjusting the row size to a smaller number with the slider. note I only use one pannel

soldave
November 28th, 2013, 01:36 AM
hi soldave have you tryed setting the icons to a different system or personal icon by choosing properties for these files? just right click on the icon in the panel and pick properties then click on the pencil icon then dubbel click in the icon box.
you can make the pannel smaller by right clicking on the pannel and picking panel preferances then adjusting the row size to a smaller number with the slider. note I only use one pannel

I am talking about the icons in Gnumeric, not the top bar icons. When you right click on the toolbar in Gnumeric you don't get a panel preferences option.

leeper69
November 28th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hi soldave sorry i misunderstood. after a quick look at gnumric I could not shrink the icons but could make them disapeer by unchecking the settings for the menues in the top text menu this will give you more realastate on your desktop.
hope this helped.