PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Thunderbird 24.1.1 upgrade - Calendar and Tasks not functioning

dwlamb
November 25th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Last week, Thunderbird was updated to ver. 24.1.1 through the regular system updates. The new version was not launched on my system until a reboot last night. Though there are no indications for incompatibility with the add-ons/plug-ins for Lightning and Google calendar, I can not access any of my calendars or tasks. Some of these calendars and tasks are associated with Google, most are solely on my pc.

Is it possible to roll-back to a previous version of Thunderbird?

plucky
November 25th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Last week, Thunderbird was updated to ver. 24.1.1 through the regular system updates. The new version was not launched on my system until a reboot last night. Though there are no indications for incompatibility with the add-ons/plug-ins for Lightning and Google calendar, I can not access any of my calendars or tasks. Some of these calendars and tasks are associated with Google, most are solely on my pc.

Is it possible to roll-back to a previous version of Thunderbird?

Close Thunderbird

Then open the Software Centre and search for xul-ext-lightning and install.

Open Thunderbird and see if the calendar now works.

Good Luck

dwlamb
November 26th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Close Thunderbird

Then open the Software Centre and search for xul-ext-lightning and install.

Open Thunderbird and see if the calendar now works.

Good Luck

Thanks! This solution worked perfectly. How is this extension different from one available from a Mozilla add-ons site?