PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Notification area vs Indicator Plugin precedence per app

memeplex
November 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hi, is it possible to configure the Indicator Plugin to reject specific applications in order them to show in the systray (Notification Area). For example, transmission-gtk.

Regards
--
Carlos

Frogs Hair
November 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
There are some settings for panel applets in the dconf editor. I don't use Transmission and have never seen it in the system tray, but there may a true/false setting in the editor.

memeplex
November 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Thank you Frogs Hair, I will take a look at that. I realize I don't fully understand how the notification area and the indicator plugin interrelate. For example, is there an order of precedence at the wm level or each application choses where to show itself? (supposing it supports both, indicator and systray). Moreover, how is it that some applications shows in both systray and indicator? (it comes to my mind the case of gmusicbrowser which, strictly, doesn't own an specific place in the indicator but resides inside the volume control).

memeplex
November 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Apparently there is while/black listing functionality in the latest release of the xfce indicator plugin:

http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce-announce/2013-June/000275.html

I'm contacting the developer now for some examples to get this working. I will let you know about any news, I know I'm not the only one dealing with this issue.