PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] black screen after 1st restart while installing alongside windows

husseinmoussa
November 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM
Hi,

Please help,

My Laptop is Acer 5750G 32bit core i5, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD with Windows 7.

I use Wubi to install it on the D drive. It loads and then after restarting; a brief message appears saying something about : "NTFS" and "prefix" error as far as I remember, then Black Screen then the Laptop turns off. I'm installing 12.04 LTS.

What should I do? is it because I'm installing on D?

My drive C is almost full I can't install Ubuntu on C. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance

husseinmoussa
November 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM
hello, anybody? where are you, people? it wasn't like that before :(

Mark Phelps
November 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
You need to be less impatient! The rule for bumping around here is once every 24 hours, not once every 8 hours. This is a worldwide forum and the person answering your thread could easily be on the other side of the world from you.

There's a possibility that the filesystem is corrupted on D:, therefore, you need to boot into Windows and run CHKDSK.

bcbc
November 21st, 2013, 09:47 PM
You either need to set the graphics to Integrated in the BIOS, or boot with nomodeset (http://askubuntu.com/q/162075/14916). Search for "ubuntu Acer 5750G" and you'll find others with the same problem. It has nothing to do with the drive or Windows.

husseinmoussa
November 22nd, 2013, 02:57 AM
Hi, I might have sounded impatient. But back in the past (say 2 or 3 years ago) I used to receive replies after 2~10 minutes, Max was, like, 1 hour! hehe ( I had an older account but I forgot its username and password :) )

But anyways I apologize for the miscommunication. Thanks for your advice :)

husseinmoussa
November 22nd, 2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks so much :)