PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Taskbar controlable as in Win7?

Citta
November 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone,

The taskbar seems to be permanent visible..is there a way the taskbar disappears when not hovering with the mouse-pointer over the lower edge of the monitor? A netbook-monitor is not very big...!

Thanks for your hints!

PS: Dear Admin, I did not precisely know, if this is the right place for this topic....

Rex Bouwense
November 20th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Try right clicking on the LXPanel and then choose Panel Settings. Under the Advanced tab, there is a box to check if you want to hide the Panel when not in use. See if that will work for you.

simbauad
November 21st, 2013, 04:48 PM
The LXPanel is what you mean?

Citta
November 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks a lot for your replies. Where can I find LXPanel-sorry for this stupid question, I was looking everywhere, but no result.

Rex Bouwense
November 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM
No question is stupid. I of all people should know that. The LXPanel (unless you have moved it) is the strip at the bottom of your screen that has the main menu button, quick launch icons, the task bar windows, notification icons, and your shut down icon. If you right click on any open space you can get to panel settings.

Citta
November 28th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Oh, it was quite easy to find now. My eyes were glued to the first line, Task Bar Settings. Few lines down Panel Settings...now I have to find this option, the automatic disappearance, hide, of the taskbar, hope it exists.

Rex Bouwense
November 28th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Since you have found Panel Settings just navigate to the Advanced tab and check Minimize panel when not in use.

vasa1
November 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Here's a link to lxpanel: http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201010/page07.html

Citta
November 29th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Big hand for you-the bar is now exactly behaving as intented! Thanks!!
At least this problem is solved, the impossibility to decrease the monitor...well, this problem is still stubbornly existing.