PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Mouse going into other workspace

33Nicolas
November 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I can't find where or how to force the mouse to stay in the workspace I'm in. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks, Nicolas

33Nicolas
November 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I was trying to find how to force the mouse to stay in the workspace I'm in. Does anyone know how to do that?

Does that make any sense?

Thanks

Toz
November 20th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Duplicate threads merged. Please do not create duplicate threads, it dilutes community effort.

Toz
November 20th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Which flavour of Ubuntu are you using? (Unity, kde, Xfce, other)?

33Nicolas
November 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I have no idea why it does that. I tried solving the other and it did on both, this one included. I'm using Studio One

Toz
November 20th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Sorry, I have no idea why it does that. I tried solving the other and it did on both, this one included. I'm using Studio One

Studio One? I've never heard of that distribution. Do you mean "Ubuntu Studio"? If so, it uses Xfce.

So to confirm, if you move mouse to the edge of the screen, instead of stopping at the edge, it continues on to the next workspace? Does the display automatically change to the new workspace as well?

Are you using multiple monitors?

33Nicolas
November 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
So to confirm, if you move mouse to the edge of the screen, instead of stopping at the edge, it continues on to the next workspace? Yes.

Does the display automatically change to the new workspace as well? Not sure what you mean here.

Are you using multiple monitors? No.

Toz
November 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Does the display automatically change to the new workspace as well? Not sure what you mean here.
Does the mouse disappear from the screen? How do you know that its moved to the next workspace?

Are you using Ubuntu Studio (and Xfce)?

33Nicolas
November 23rd, 2013, 02:26 AM
Does the mouse disappear from the screen? How do you know that its moved to the next workspace? Yes, the mouse dissapears from the old workspace and appears in the new one. In other words, imagine reading something online and using your mouse, you go over to the other panel. That annoys me.

Are you using Ubuntu Studio (and Xfce)? Yes, to both.

Thanks

Toz
November 23rd, 2013, 02:43 AM
I'm sorry but I'm finding this confusing.

Are you using the mouse scroll to scroll the window as you read? If so, try going to Settings Manager -> Window Manager Tweaks -> Workspaces tab and uncheck the "Use the mouse wheel on the desktop to switch workspaces". See if thats whats causing it.

33Nicolas
November 29th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I found the setting!

Basically, I use my mouse and keyboard a lot, and can't stand when I'm working in a workspace, but the mouse gets tossed and boom, I'm in another space. I didn't know how to get it back to default, which makes the mouse cursor stay only within the workspace, and switching is done through the clicking on other workspaces.